Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi will face off in the Champions League group stage for the first time as Juventus and Barcelona were drawn together in Group G.
Holders Bayern Munich will face Atletico Madrid, while Manchester United were drawn in the same group as Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig, who met in last season’s semifinals.
Liverpool were placed in a group which promises goals alongside Ajax and Atalanta as well as newcomers FC Midtjylland, while Real Madrid and Inter Milan were also paired together in Group B.
Here are the complete draw results:
- Group A: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, RB Salzburg, Lokomotiv Moscow
- Group B: Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter Milan, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Group C: Porto, Manchester City, Olympiacos and Marseille
- Group D: Liverpool, Ajax, Atalanta, Midtjylland
- Group E: Sevilla, Chelsea, Krasnodar and Stade Rennais
- Group F: Zenit, Dortmund, Lazio, Club Brugge
- Group G: Juventus, Barcelona, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros
- Group H: PSG, Manchester United, RB Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir
MESSI VS. RONALDO IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE 🔥
Barcelona and Juventus both in Group G pic.twitter.com/HbCXGlhNSf
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 1, 2020
Champions League Group G 🌟
Juventus vs Barcelona 🤩
Ronaldo vs Messi 🐐
— Goal (@goal) October 1, 2020
Champions League is a supranational sports competition, typically association football, that is contested by club teams who have distinguished themselves in their respective national competitions. The name originated with, and most often refers to, the UEFA Champions League. It may also refer to: – READ MORE »