The 2023 Stanley Cup Final matchup is officially set. The Vegas Golden Knights will take on the Florida Panthers in a battle between the top seed in the West and the lowest seed in the East.
That may seem like a lopsided series, but the Panthers have looked like anything but a No. 8 seed in the postseason. Florida took down the Boston Bruins, the Stanley Cup favorites, in the first round before going 8-1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs and Carolina Hurricanes in the next two rounds.
The Golden Knights were one of the favorites to win the West, and they’ve played like one. Vegas rolled through Winnipeg in the first round and defeated the Edmonton Oilers in the second round. The Golden Knights took a 3-0 lead on the Dallas Stars in the conference final, but the Stars clawed their way back for a couple wins before Vegas slammed the door with an emphatic Game 6 win.
- Golden Knights vs. Panthers money line: Golden Knights -130, Panthers +110
- Golden Knights vs. Panthers over/under: 5.5 goals
- Golden Knights vs. Panthers puck line: Golden Knights -1.5 (+196)
- VEG: The Golden Knights are the eighth team in NHL history to reach the Final at least twice in its first six seasons
- FLA: The Panthers have won eight straight road games since losing their first-round opener in Boston
Santiago Leon is the Founder and CEO of the Sports Cast. He covers NFL, NBA, and world soccer. He’s also founder of sleon productions, which he specializes in technology and serves clients with solutions to make their business grow.