Retired boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. will return to the ring against YouTuber Logan Paul at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida in a “super exhibition”.
The Mayweather-Paul fight came to be, when Paul’s manager pursued the fight in late 2020. The first offer came from Mayweather who wanted just a sparring session at his gym in Vegas. Paul didn’t want that, he wanted a full fledge fight which came to be.
“This whole thing is surreal. Everything about it. I told my manager and we kind of had an inside joke that until I get in the ring with him, I didn’t think this fight was happening,” Paul said in a press release. “But I think it’s safe to say that I can believe it now. I think it’s happening. It’s fight week. I can’t imagine Floyd would back out now, but who knows? Old man fakes an injury. Gets scared of the big kid. I’m excited.”
Mayweather, who was undefeated in his career with a 50-0 record, is considered one of boxing’s all-time greats. He retired in 2017 after defeating Conor McGregor, a fight that Forbes estimated generated more than $550 million in revenue. Mayweather earned a reported $275 million, a sum generated both from his roles as fighter and also promoter.
Paul has fought before. He twice fought vlogger and rapper Olajide “KSI” Olatunji, with the first bout ending in a draw and a second with KSI’s victory.
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul — contracted exhibition (8 rounds)
- Badou Jack vs. Dervin Colina, light heavyweight (10 rounds)
- Jarrett Hurd vs. Luis Arias, junior middleweight (10 rounds)
- Chad Johnson vs. Brian Maxwell, contracted exhibition (4 rounds)
- Date: June 6 | Start time: 8 p.m. ET (main card)
- Location: Hard Rock Stadium — Miami Gardens, Florida
- TV: Showtime PPV | Live stream: Showtime.com or the Showtime App or Fanmio | Price: $49.99
Santiago Leon is the Head of the Sports Cast. He covers almost every sport: College Football, NFL, Premier League, NBA, MLS, and maybe some college basketball. Founder of sleon productions, he specializes in technology and serves clients with solutions to make their business grow.